Colorado is the state “where the beer flows like wine.” Because of my husband, I know that Lloyd described Aspen this way in Dumb and Dumber, but I’m borrowing this quote to describe Boulder! A quick google search revealed over twenty microbrews within a fifteen mile radius of where I sit in downtown. According to the Colorado Brewer’s Guild, Colorado is number one in the nation in terms of craft breweries per capita, number one in the nation in beer volume, number two in absolute number of craft breweries by state, and number two in the nation in sheer craft beer volume. And we Coloradans only account for 6% of the nation’s population. Bottom line, we like beer, especially microbrews! And apparently a lot of other people do too; we’re one of the fastest growing states. So why not give the people what they want and host your wedding at a brewery?!
Don’t fear, the choices are not as endless as I just made them seem. Actually, there’s a pretty clear wedding venue choice if you’re going the brewery route: Sanitas Brewing Company combines tasty beer, with an open, mountain-modern space. The aesthetic of this place is definitely a draw: an expansive back patio that looks out onto a field, that leads to trees and Western-feeling train tracks that mark the end of the property and the beginning of your mountain views. This space is perfect for an outdoor ceremony option and cocktail hour (and big enough for a friendly game of bocce). Each space leads beautifully into the next. From the patio, glass garage doors lead you inside the tap room. Once inside, more glass walls provide an open view of the chrome colored barrels in the brew room. The space feels vast, like the West. Inside the tap room, all wood countertops are reclaimed Colorado beetle-kill and barn doors. The wood looks refined and rough, like Boulder in the Wild West. While talking with Michael Memsic, co-founder, co-owner, and who you will likely be lucky enough to have as your point person for an event at Sanitas, he stressed the importance of the entire place having a story. And what a story these founders have (get to know them on their website...or over a beer at their tap room)! Not surprisingly, Memsic described the type of couple who gets married here as laid back, fun and casual. Sanitas rents you the space and sells you the beer, the rest is up to you!
- Wedding planner: Recommended and encouraged, but not required
- Season: Year round
- Indoor Capacity: More than you’ll need!
- Outdoor Capacity: Unlimited!
- Availability: The owners designate just one Saturday a month to close for an event. If you’re hoping for a Saturday wedding at Sanitas, act quick! There is more flexibility for the rest of the days of the week, making it kind of an irresistible option for at least one of your wedding weekend events, like the welcome dinner or send-off brunch.
- Distance from Boulder: Near the heart of Boulder’s newest mixed-use development area which includes what is soon to be home of Transit Junction.
- Address: 3550 Frontier Avenue, Unit A, Boulder, Colorado 80301
- Contact: http://www.sanitasbrewing.com * 303-442-4130
Does getting married here sound as good as a cold beer with friends, post-outdoor adventure, on a perfectly sunny Colorado day? I thought so. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more. We'll chat over a pint!