It is said that former US President Theodore Roosevelt called Chautauqua "the most American thing in America.” Well I’d say that Chautauqua is “the most Boulder thing in Boulder.”
Boulder stole my heart many years ago and Chautauqua is that quintessential Boulder experience: offering the most dramatic views of the iconic Flatirons, a restaurant that is cozy, campy AND elegant, access to popular trails, live music emanating from the auditorium, and it is a national historic landmark to boot. Beyond its notoriety for all of that, the qualities that make it such a wonderful wedding venue may be less known. On a recent snowy day, I sat down with Lauren Seymour, the event coordinator for Chautauqua Dining Hall, to discuss just that. Here are some of the things I found out about this special place...
Chautauqua Dining Hall is owned by Three Leaf Concepts which owns a total of six local restaurants, as well as a farm in Lafayette. This means that the meals served at CDH use those locally farmed fruits and vegetables. Another way that CDH likes to showcase Colorado is through their beer and spirits. And those adorable cottages that I walk by when returning to my car post-hike; they’re available for you and your guests to rent! There is everything from a studio to a three bedroom and even an eight bedroom house (perfect for you and your wedding party!). However, these are coveted by many visitors, so booking them a year in advance is recommended. Lauren also explained their long-standing partnership with RC Special Events, so you don’t have to think about basic rentals, they’re all part of the CDH package. I am also impressed by how many gorgeous indoor and outdoor space options are available on the property, if not directly through the Dining Hall, then through the Colorado Chautauqua Association or through the City of Boulder.
Chautauqua is a true gem! After Lauren and I finished talking, I lingered inside by the cozy fireplace, enjoying my view of the snow covered Flatirons, and dreaming of the green brightness of a summer wedding here.
- Wedding planner: Recommended and encouraged, but not required
- Season: Year round (capacity varies with season, see below)
- Indoor Capacity: Up to 180 guests May 14 - October 1 when the 30’X60’ tent is also utilized for the reception. During the rest of the year, the dining room inside holds up to 80 guests.
- Outdoor Capacity: The lawn in front of the Dining Hall is a popular ceremony site. Time-slots for this space need to be reserved through the City of Boulder. Permits for 100 person capacity are available.
- Distance from Boulder: in Boulder! At the foot of the awe-inspiring Flatirons.
- Address: 900 West Baseline Road, Boulder, CO 80302
- Contact: http://www.chautauqua.com * 303-443-3901
Convinced this may be the venue for you? Contact me at email@example.com for more details.